Sunday, April 21, 2013

...and so it began. (W30d01)


My first post from the Whole30 website forum: posted April 16, 2013
The actual post

Hi all--today is my first day of the Whole30 challenge/program. I only just decided to do this yesterday afternoon. Our CrossFit box has decided to take this on as well, although my goals are pretty life changing for me, I know I have plenty of support.

I am a BIG guy with a BIG gut and butt and a BIG appetite. I am also pretty sick because of my food choices over the past oh....35 years or so. High blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, Depression & Anxiety, and can't sleep at nights (without meds). So I am ready for a change.

I do have some concerns:

  • Sticking to it-although if I goof up, I gotta do 100 burpees for each offense (this may not be the issue after all)
  • Wife does daycare and the FDA and State Guidelines require crappy food in the house for the kids. So we have Carbs & Sugars galore and all over the house.
  • Lazy-I am just a big ole' fat lazy guy who will prepare the first week and then easily become tired of it the second week. I need to keep my excitement about this change going.

That's about it for now. I hope to keep in touch, meet some new folks and get my rear end in gear so I can stick around on this place called earth and hang with the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment