Monday, April 22, 2013

Failing To Prepare is Preparing to Fail

I have had that mantra throughout this first week of my W30 process. I believe this has been on my mind because I ended up diving into this at the last second with my group of CrossFitters at Mahoney CrossFit. I ended up, even though I knew what I was getting into, just not preparing for this new whole food deal. Eggs were easy to do, so I went to those. I didn't have much grass fed proteins, so had shrimp instead. Vegetables  were mainly carrots, celery, asparagus and bell peppers. All of which I had on hand. I couldn't clear the cupboards because my wife does daycare and is required by the FDA to have sugar and carbs galore (and beans) as a staple to the food for the children she watches.

This was why she was not on board with me for this (I am not going to say the D word) diet (damnit, I said it anyway)! So the Whole30 "D-word" is going to be a struggle for me and has been for my first week. After the first day, I did end up going shopping and picked up some items I will need for my new way of eating. Two things I am having trouble with is finding Coconut Oil and Ghee...sorry, but WTF is GHEE? I did end up finding the special butter that was asked of us, but have only used it to prepare for one meal. Since I no longer eat bread, cutting butter has been pretty easy.

Some of the new foods that have been saviors to me have been:

  • Asparagus
  • Bell Peppers (red, yellow, and orange)--never cared for them before
  • Eggs
  • Sweet Potatoes--Used to love them, now not so much since it's the only real starch I can eat. I don't want sweet flavor, I want salty greasy crap.
  • Shrimp
Of course I eat other things, but these seem to be my mainstays, but I am beginning to get tired of all these items all ready. I have to prepare different foods to get me through this next week. 

So yesterday (SUNDAY), I ended up preparing a bunch of stuff:
Moroccan Meatballs (I made with Ground Turkey though)

Then packaged all those items into single proportions to take to work with me, have a quick breakfast or dinner.

So that is it for now. 

-theDUKE-

No comments:

Post a Comment