Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hope my garden sleeps well...I made them 3 beds!

I have been gone, but have not forgotten you all, not this challenge. I have been pretty busy this week with work, my son's flag football practices and games, CrossFit, Graphic Design and printing of CrossFit packets and new people paperwork (that I had procrastinated on for almost 3 weeks). I have also been preparing foods...all the freaking time! It's getting annoying and I realize why I normally eat like crap. Because it's easy.

I know that it is best to take a weekend and prepare, which I did last weekend and even today. But still there are things you must prepare. Cook some eggs in the am (I did have frozen ones, but those were for snack or low blood sugar times for me). So last week I made the Moroccan Meatballs and those were pretty good, but I was tired of having them for every lunch, so today was still a nice day and I BBQ'd up about two chickens, 4 fish, and some sirloin steak. This should liven up my lunches a bit. I now need to cut up and mix up my vegi-mix for the week but I am SO TIRED!

I have built 3 raised garden beds and over ordered on soil (by only about twice the amount I needed). I was only planning to build 2, but I went back to the hardware store and got more lumber and made a big one 5'x10'...then got my shovel and wheelbarrow and started to move some earth into the beds. I still now have about 2 of my 5 square yards left on my driveway, so if any of you are nearby, just come and take it away.

I got the plans for the garden beds from Sunset Magazine and you can see the easy instructions right here. They look real nice and are easy to make--even a wimpy dad can build 1, or 2, or 3 even!


So that's it for now...I gotta start thinking of what to put in the gardens and how to keep my 3 stupid dogs out.

1 comment: