Friday, May 3, 2013

I put the DEAD in Deadlifts

Well--I just about finished Whole30 day 18. It is getting easier to eat this way when I have the proper food around, but it is also getting tougher to avoid the temtations that are all over work and my home. A cracker here, a soda pop there and cheese everywhere. I have decided on my day 31, I want to eat Tacos (authentic), Popcorn, Chips & Salsa & a huge Cheese Sandwich. And then for lunch...hahahaha...I am not kidding here. I want all that shit and more.

Uh WOW--I better move on past the foods I am missing...although I think I might get sick from that stuff at this point in my little journey.

I have not been working out much at all. I went to Crossfit yesterday for my first real workout and it didn't turn out so well. First off, the entire class was dedicated to deadlifts. This, I knew was my wife's favorite, but I absolutely hate them. It's heavy and I have to bend down (this is just how lazy I really am--I hate bending down) and most importantly, I get super lightheaded when doing this...

I don't have any pix of me with deadlifts so here is a pic of me doing thrusters at a competition. Oh and I am the one with the fat butt bending over. The guy behind me admiring my fine glutes is the coolest coach in the world, Tim.

...anyway, let me go back in time. Maybe an hour earlier. My son had flag football practice at a local park, so I hung out and watched. It was a beautiful day. I was there about an hour and then had to head off to Crossfit--even though I tried a few times to get out of it with my wife and friend, but they wouldn't have any of my shenanigans.

I got to Mahoney Crossfit and began to warm up and started to get a tickle in my throat and my mouth got really super dry. I began to cough a little bit. Then we all went to get our weights to start warming up on those deadlifts that I so truley love. I got a few lifts in and began coughing a whole bunch more...yes, my alergies kicked in full gear. I stopped for a bit and left the room, went to the bathroom and coughed up some crap, then went back to work. As the weights got heavier for me, I was getting super lightheaded and having a tougher and tougher time keeping on my feet. Eventually, I just had to stop. I put my stuff away, went outside and walked and waited for my wife to cool dow.n with the others in the class. I didn't cool down or stretch...I was to angry with myself for such a poor showing and not feeling good while doing the workout. I ended up paying dearly later that night with leg cramps. That will teach me not to cool down and stretch afterwords.


Another pic of me doing thrusters...I like this pic, it looks like I got a boner, but I don't. My little guy is more like a frightened turtle at this point of the competition.

 
I plan to go back again on Monday. Let's hope I can do better this time.





Here is a pic of a frightened turtle.



No comments:

Post a Comment